Sunday, June 28, 2020

WAY Outside the (cake) Box

Hi, Bloggin' Buddies!

For whatever reason, I am currently very into bears and this Impression Obsession one has to be one of my all-time favorite stamps. I've used it many times, but certainly never in this way! I had an idea for this card and put it all together and then I decided that this guy simply didn't look festive enough. I thought perhaps he needed a party hat and I had nothing that seemed to "fit". The "Birthday Wish" set was on my table and I got an idea.........a bit crazy? Well YES! I played around with one of the cakes in the set and created a festive party hat.


On top of everything else (dare I say that?!), in my 50 years of card making I don't believe I've ever added anything I've handwritten, but hey.........it worked.

I used Distress Oxide Ink for blending around the bear and placed everything on an ombre blended background. The hat is embellished with Wink of Stella and Stickles.

Impression Obsession Products Used:

Instant Photo Frame Die, Die 175-W
Big Bear Stamp, D15152
Unbearably Awesome Stamp, B15158
Birthday Wishes Stamp Set, CL826

This crazy card is headed for the current challenge at Impression Obsession, "Birthday Wishes".



Thanks for the visit. have a great week,

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...