Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Paper Smooches Flower Challenge

Hi, Bloggin' Buddies!
For today's card I used products by Paper Smooches. I have been a loyal customer since they started and I was a fan of Kim, the owner/designer, when she was previously with Cornish Heritage Farms. I love her unique and quirky style. My PS supplies fill an entire cabinet in my craft room! Kim is retiring after providing so many years of smiles, so I wish her the best.

I always try to think outside the box with challenges and this is no different. I made a stencil (a first for me!) out of three different leaf die sets and used it with Distress Oxide Inks on Bristol paper to create a soft background. I used a stitched and a plain border die for the bottom edge. Then I added some ink splatters and a spray of Perfect Pearls.

I next stamped a flower from the "Bold Blooms" set onto watercolor paper. I have always loved this set of solid shapes - the flowers remind me of my "Flower Power" days in the 1960's!

The flower center and the sentiment were heat-embossed with rose gold (this really shines in person!) and added with dimension. The leaf die-cut was the final touch.


I actually love the way this turned out and it is certainly not my normal "style". I appreciate the inspiration of the Paper Smooches Flowers Challenge - come and join in the fun!

Paper Smooches Products used:
Stitched dies
Borders  dies
Borders stamps
Loopy Leaf, Large Leaves, and Leaves 1 dies
Sentiment Sampler
Bold Blooms stamps

Thanks for the visit! Stay well,





LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...