Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A Special Friend

For this joyous card for a very special friend I broke out my brand-new, never-before used Hero Arts and Sizzix sets, "Textured Impressions" (657766) and "Antique Flowers and Butterflies (65773) - a little pre-holiday gift to myself! What fun to ink up these wonderful images and be able to emboss and die cut them with my trusty Cuttlebug! I also used the Hero Arts Monthly Contest colors.

I hope you can see the wonderful dimension and texture that these sets provide. I printed the background image with Memento Rich Cocoa ink, then I rubbed Distress Ink directly onto the embossing folder to get the soft pink background color. I colored the images with Copics and called it done.

I considered adding some bling, but I loved the softness of the texture, images and colors and decided against it.

These new tools will get lots of use - that's for sure. Thanks for looking and have a great day!

I'm thinking of you, my dear friend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...