Monday, November 28, 2011

Goodie Bag!

Every year I attend a little holiday get-together with some lovely gals and we bring small gifts for each other. I make a couple of thank you cards for each person and I like to present them in unique and special ways. This year I saw an idea on Julie Ebersole's blog, Paper Trufflez. If you don't know her, check it out. She is so talented and fun. She decorated ATC-sized brown bags (available from Ellen Hutson - a great store!) for tiny gifts and I loved them.

I was able to find some larger brown bags on etsy - I love the kraft paper look and they are perfect for tucking in a couple of cards and envelopes. I used white paint (which looks so great on the kraft) for the snowflake and I had fun with my Tim Holtz die and made double-decker medallions (or rosettes) out of some vintage-looking patterned paper. These are so much fun to make - see Tim's video here! The snowflake and the sentiment (embossed in white) are both Hero Arts stamps (CG214 and G5453).

I have tucked two cards in the bag and still have room for a candy cane - can you believe I found one that is color-coordinated? Hershey's chocolate mint! I have a stash of tiny clothespins and used one to secure everything. This will be my last entry in Hero Arts monthly challenge for November!

Now I need to get cooking on making the cards to place into these cute bags.......mass production is not fun.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...