Monday, November 14, 2011

A Break from Holiday Cards

Good Monday morning to you! I thought it was time to break away from the Thanksgiving cards (although I still have several to make and share). This month's contest on the Hero Arts blog includes a color challenge. The colors are: Pink, Pool, Green, Neutral and White. Lovely!

I made a card for someone very dear to us who recently opened a new shop in a little town not far from here. We visited it last weekend - it was cozy, warm and very inviting. We loved it.

Hopefully, this simple card reflects all that we felt. I broke out my Tim Holtz "Townscape" die which I used with some neutral textured cardstock. The background is Hero Arts' Magical Background (CG211)  a most versatile stamp. To reflect the new oval-shaped sign on the shop I used Hero Arts CL488 for the sentiment. The grass is a Memory Box die and the heart is freehand.

A sweet little tribute to Joy's lovely new shop.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...