Thursday, November 24, 2011

One More with Texture!

I am enjoying this month's Simon Says Stamp challenge at Lily Pad Cards to use lots of texture. Lily Pad is the neatest spot - so many great ideas, videos and grins. I love "getting my toes wet" over there! Check it out.

For this card I used one of my current favorite Hero Arts Stamps, Designer Woodgrain, S5208. It is great for masculine cards. Other textural elements include twill tape (I dyed it with tea), rough twine, Tim Holts' Tiny Attachers and Distress Stickles, tiny buttons from my stash, and - my favorite - a rusty washer salvaged from my toolbox! I knew it would come in handy someday. The candle and the sentiment (cut with Spellbinders Labels 8) are also Hero Arts. Lots of Distress Inks and the black is Versafine's Onyx Black.

Thanks for checking in and thanks, Lily Pad & Simon Says Stamp, for the great challenge.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...