Saturday, November 12, 2011

Channeling Tim Holtz

Hi, gang! I usually don't post on Saturdays (we are often out of town or doing family things), but I put this little tag on the Hero Arts Flickr site to qualify for the first half of this month's contest and I thought I would post it here today.

One of the Hero Arts challenges for this month is gift tags. I have always been amazed at the work of Tim Holtz, although "distressed and inky" is not my usual style. I decided to channel some Tim with this tag for which I used 4 different Hero Arts stamps (CL108, CL233, CG214 and CL359) and some Snow Cap Acrylic paint (Ranger dabber) for the snowflake background. Lots of Distress Inks - 6 different ones, I believe. My fingers were extremely colorful when I was done. I used one of Tim's techniques of making an acetate mask for the snowman. It worked pretty well - he has a bit of a halo effect.

I popped up the scarf with dimensionals, added details with Glitter Pens and Stickles, and I made the tiny label with a die cut from Memory Box (I love these little dies!). The snowflake is a MS punch and the ribbon is from my stash.

Now, this issue is that I put so much into this little tag, am I really prepared to give it away?Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...