Thursday, November 17, 2011

Fifty and Very Nifty!

I have gotten to "know" a most amazing gal through the Hero Arts Blog. Her name is Virginia Lu and she is such a whiz at so many things (visit her lovely blog and her flickr page now)! She is a wonderful designer and an inspiration to so many of us, she has the greatest family (and she shares lots of great pictures and anecdotes with us!), she's a terrific cook (she shares that, too), a super photographer, a kick in the pants and all-around kind soul.

And, she is now published! Yep, In Paper Crafts, A Card A Day, 365 Cards. When I bought my issue and saw her remarkable card - I did such a happy dance! I hope that Barnes and Noble's security cameras captured it all. Yeah, Virginia! YOU did it! Here is a peek at her published card.

Believe it or not, Virginia is turning 50! I can't believe it - she has more energy and enthusiasm than someone who is 25 (or, maybe 49 - Ha!). There is a celebration happening over at her blog.
We are making special cards and celebrating the glories of Virginia. I wanted to make something as fresh and fun as she is to commemorate this big event. I selected a fun flamingo stamp from Impression Obsession (F7591) which I colored with Copic pens and dazzled with Stickles. The sentiment is from Stampin' Up's "Whimsical Words". The crazy "Loopy Flower" and "By The Numbers" dies are from MFT Die-Namics.

If you know, or have been inspired by Virginia, please join us. If you don't know her yet - get right on it! You will be So happy you did!

Happy Birthday, Special Lady!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...