Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Sparkly Cupcake

Hi, Bloggin' Buddies!

Sometime I ago I was going through some things (during the first waive of SIP) and I found my embroidery bag. I haven't embroidered in probably 30 years, but (of course!) I've kept all my stuff. In fact, my little "How To" book was published in 1957!

Today I put it all to use, along with some sequins (from my card making stash), some seed beads (from my jewelry making stash), a scrap of ribbon, some buttons and a stamp. The result is this fun cupcake hanging ornament.



My embroidery is rough, but it got better as the project proceeded. I had some hand surgery in January so I need to be cautious of too much repetitive movements, but I had fun with this.

The stamp I used is Impression Obsession's "More Than Cupcakes" #B14643.  I was surprised how well it stamped on the felt (I used Versafine Onyx Black) and it didn't smear as I manipulated it for sewing.

This is headed to the current Impression Obsession challenge, "Birthday Wishes".



Hope you are staying well and having a good one. Thanks for the visit.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...