Friday, July 10, 2020

Rustic Roundup

Hi, Bloggin' Buddies!

I'm here today with another stamp from Art Impressions, Antiques Window. I bought this stamp because I love the graphics. It is a much different style than the crazy people stamps I usually use. I must be honest with you, I am so intimidated by watercoloring! I've taken classes, watched many videos by Art Impressions' own fabulous artist, Bonnie Krebs and I have ALL the necessary supplies. Still, I struggle.

This time I tried stamping it on several different watercolor papers and using different paints and I wasn't happy. Then I tried black heat embossing it on Canson watercolor paper (the smooths side) and I used my Zig Clean Color Markers (which are actually more brush than marker). Happy gal, here!


It is far from perfect, but it is the best I've ever done! In keeping with the current challenge, "Rustic Roundup" I've used it for a patriotic card design. I used some woodgrain cardstock and distressed the edges for a more rustic look and I added twine and embellishments that couldn't be more patriotic.

Thanks for the visit. God Bless America.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...