Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Gelatos for Summer!

Sorry no! - Unfortunately, I do not mean Italian ice cream.

These Gelatos are great creamy pigment crayons by Faber-Castell. I was the lucky winner of some of these fantastic colors at dear Nancy's blog. I had such fun with them this weekend.

I embossed the Hero Arts Zig Zag stamp (CG422) with white, silver and black and rubbed (with my fingers - messy!) the Gelato colors on the strips. The background is subtle - silver Gelato on white-embossed Magical Background stamp (CG211).

The sentiment is CL272 - I thought the softness of this font provided nice contrast to the hard zig zag pattern. And I found a clear (the card already had so much color!) vintage button with a texture like the zig zag.

I encourage you try these fun color-packed crayons! Thanks again, Nancy!

I used a Hero Arts Blog Monthly Contest sketch for this card. You still have lots of time to play along.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...