Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Starry, starry night

Okay, so I told you that last week we were going to the Impressionist Exhibit at the De Young Museum in San Francisco. It was most amazing! I have been a huge fan of the Impressionists for years, even having gone to the Jeu De Paume in Paris to see originals. The entire exhibit was wonderful, but I just could not walk away from Van Gogh's Starry Night. It is so rich, textured and sparkly in person, unlike any print you have seen.

Although I believe that it is a bit early to be featuring Christmas cards, this is my little homage to Van Gogh's masterpiece. The image is a great Hero Arts stamp used with Zing embossing powder and sprayed with Glimmer Mist. It is painted with Ranger Distress Inks and embellished with some Stickles. I plan to make other similar cards, but with more embellishments, before the season is fully upon us.

If you are anywhere near it, go see this exhibit!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...