Sunday, November 14, 2010

Seasonal Necklace and Another Tuesday Trigger


It is that time again, the Tuesday Trigger. And I thought that I had put away all my fall crafty supplies. NOT! Cath set us up with this pic from Martha Stewart.

Well, I AM a paper-crafter. But I also make jewelery. This project combines both of these skill sets. This is what I call my seasonal necklace. I added this cool locket (Stampin' Up) to a chain - it snaps open to allow a little tiny image to be added. For this November image I used a stamp from Papertrey Ink and another tiny one from an old set I had; colored with Copics. I embellished it with sequins and snapped it into the locket (I added my signature mermaid on the back of the locket). It is a little difficult to photograph because the glass is beautifully beveled.

Then I made some dangle thingies with crystals and some leaf beads. I attached them to the chain with lobster clasps so that they can be changed, with the season, along with the locket image. Too cool? I will be sharing with you the other seasons as the year progresses.

I just love the inter-activity of this personalized necklace!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...