Thursday, November 18, 2010

Happy Birthday, Daddy-O!

This weekend is my Dad's 85th birthday. We will not be able to be there (but we have planned a visit next month), so I wanted to make him a special card. His memory isn't all that good, so I thought I would include a picture of his favorite (okay, ONLY) daughter. Who isn't cute at four years old? I loved that old peddle car. Even though it was a Christmas gift, it was old - and used. My Dad (always thrifty) had taken it all apart, fixed it all up, painted it and made it just like new. It was the best. He could make and fix anything! I think I got some of my creative genes from him.

No stamping on this card. I used vintage-looking paper (love these colors), a dimensional sticker, some twine and vintage lace and a button from my stash.

Love ya, Daddy - happy Birthday! Thanks for all you have been and all you did for me for so many years.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...