Sunday, March 10, 2013

What's Cookin', Good Lookin'?

That is something my Dad always said - it makes me smile!

I just have time to share with you this card that I made for the Paper Smooches SPARKS Trend Watch challenge.  What a great photo, eh? Makes me grin!

Some of you know that I love & collect vintage cookbooks (but hate to cook!). The first card that I ever posted, before I even had a blog, used one from my collection. How time flies!

This photo reminded me of a page in this cookbook that was written for 4-H kids in the early 1060's. It is hilarious - it even gives instructions on how to scrape and wash the dishes. Seriously!

Anyway, I had fun with one of my very favorite paper Smooches sets and some vintage-kitchen patterned papers.I decided not to embellish (a tough choice) to keep the design simple, like the graphic from the cookbook.

With all the green going on in this kitchen, I am also submitting this to the current challenge over at Simon Says Stamp for "A Bit O' Green".
Thanks for stopping in and wishing you a great week! I love Daylight Savings Time and it is finally here!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...