Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Pattern Play Class - Day One

It is actually day three of class, but I am just getting to post my homework for day one. Jennifer showed us four ways to combine several patterned papers without too much conflict and using dies. I found I liked one way the best (I tried them all), and I modified the technique slightly.

I used my Lifestyle Craft Nesting Star dies to make some cards for the stars of our local theater group. I found that my dies are much closer in size than the ones Jennifer used, so I had to adjust.

I made 4.25" square cards using papers from a 6" x 6" Lawn Fawn pad called the Bright Side Collection - love it! My favorite one is here on the right.

I used a silver Sharpie Pen to separate the patterns and to color in the center star. The sentiment is a cut from a cool SSS die which I highlighted with glitter pen. I added some gemstone stars, too.

This is sooooo not my style, but I do like it and will probably use this technique again.

Thanks for the peek - hope you're having a great week!



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...