Friday, March 1, 2013

Cutting Edge

In cardmaking (like everything else) there are trends. Recent trends include chevrons, burlap, hexagons, cameras, arrows and chalkboards.

I had to laugh out loud when my blogging buddy Robin said that she wanted to try the chalkboard technique before it goes out of fashion. I typically buy all the supplies for all of the current trends, but end up not using them - ever!

So, with homage and appreciation to Robin, I decided to try the chalkboard technique myself. What a better inspiration than the current Paper Smooches SPARKS Picture Perfect Challenge. You must check out the photo there - it's way too cute!

Here we go with the technique. I used lots of my Paper Smooches stamp sets, some fun patterned  paper and some free-hand doodles. I even added an arrow - super-trendy, eh?

The "chalkboard" I used is a little reflective, so I apologize for the glare in the photo.

I am also entering this into the current Simon Says Stamp challenge, "Anything Goes".

Wishing you all a super-delux weekend, wherever you are.

Remember, if you don't behave, you may have to stay after and clean the chalkboards!

We are enjoying warmer-than-average temps here, so I am headed outside.

Thanks for the visit,





LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...