Thursday, December 13, 2018

"Wood" I? You Bet!

Hi, Blogging Buddies!

Indeed! Today's tags are again the result of the "12 Tags of Christmas with a Feminine Touch" brought to us by the wonderful Ellen Hutson. I was excited to play along with Day 6 and the tree tags inspired by BOTH Laurel Beard and Carly Tee Minner. I love woodgrain! Perhaps it is my background in architecture and environmental studies.......okay, I'm a tree-hugger!

Yes, I continue to use favorite products from Essentials by Ellen designed by the terrific Julie Ebersole. I simply can't help it. They speak to me. For these tags I used woodgrain cardstock, very feminine pink and aqua colors, and Julie's "Geo Tree" dies.

My first tag, inspired by Carly, uses the negative space within the woodgrain paper to create the tree image. But I went over the top with girly-pearly embellishments, as per Laurel's tag!

Since I had the tree shape from the first die cut of the woodgrain paper, I used it for a second tag. I sponged "Spun Sugar" Destress Oxide Ink lightly over the paper for a touch of color and spattered it with Hero Arts Pewter Glimmer Metallic ink for some additional interest and shine. The sentiment is from Hero's Christmas Messages.

Both tree tags are topped with some perfect wood stars and pink help twine from my stash to complete the entire "wood" effect.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...