Sunday, May 24, 2020

Stay Crafty with Hero Arts, Part 4

Hi, Bloggin Buddies

I have shared with you (in my May 19th post and subsequent posts) my story of being a happy customer and fan of Hero Arts since they started. I was living in the San Francisco Bay Area in the late 1960's, making cards using stamps that I carved myself or that I found in "counter-culture" shops in Berkeley and the Haight-Ashbury area of San Francisco. I even used old office stamps ("Special Delivery" "Receipt Requested", etc) in some of my card designs. And then Hero Arts happened and I couldn't have been more excited and appreciative.

Just the other day I grabbed a favorite stamp that I often use on envelopes. It is a Hero Arts stamp dated 1984 with the coolest vintage logo. This is probably not my oldest Hero stamp, but it is one that I constantly use to this day.



For today's card, headed again to the "Stay Crafty with Hero Arts Challenge #8", I used some newer "small joy" stamps than I've been using in my previous posts and one of my all-time, well-used "larger joy" stamp.



This fox is truly a party animal!

I colored this party with Copics, did some paper-piecing, cut everything out and made the party happen. I added some Wink of Stella and Glossy Accents.

These are the stamps I used:
CG157 Large Cupcake
CL514 Life of the Party Birthday
CK382 Wonderful Birthday
DC276 Party Fox
MH0219C February 2019 Kit

Thanks for the visit, for your love of Hero Arts, and thanks to Hero Arts for happening at a key time in my card-making life and for being there ever since. You really are some of my heroes.

Stay well and crafting, 



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...