Saturday, May 23, 2020

Stay Crafty with Hero Arts, Part 3

Hi, Bloggin' Buddies!

Looking through all of my Hero Arts "small joys" stamps I have accumulated over the decades has brought back so many memories of my early card-making days and my excitement when, 45 years ago, Hero Arts happened!

I have always loved Hero Arts owls - they have such great personalities and are so dang cute - and I have MANY of them. I used some of them for this card, which is headed for the "Stay Crafty with Hero Challenge #8".

Because I wanted to highlight their individuality, I selected several of my owls and decided that the slim-line card design would best accommodate them. This is my first card of this style (although it has become very popular lately) and I've decided that it is not something I will probably make very often.

I had fun coloring these guys with Copics, hand-cutting them out (these pre-date matching dies!) and embellished them with some Goggly eyes and Glossy Accents. I selected a neutral cardstock to allow the fun birds to stand out. I used 2 Hero alphabet sets for the sentiment.



The stamps I used (many retired) are:

LP 167 Owl Trio
D5217 Big Hoot
D5562 Newspaper Owl
CL332 Friendship
CL415 Sweet Owls
CL141 Fanciful Swirl Alphabet
CL260 Curly Alphabet

Thanks for joining me on my trip down memory lane. 

Stay well,






LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...