Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Giving Thanks

Hi, Bloggin' Buddies!
Early on during this stay-at-home situation I made and delivered TONS of cards of support and appreciation for folks who are alone and frightened, for health care providers and for all types of service providers like delivery folks, grocery workers, take-out servers, etc. To tell you the truth, while doing this filled my heart, it also kind of burned me out. I lost my card-making momentum, or as some call it, "mojo".

So that's why I decided to reactivate my blog and enter some challenges. To get my juices flowing. And, it has worked and been fun! I've enjoyed thinking about ways to make cards a little differently than I normally would - isn't that what I challenge really is?

The challenge I'm doing today is from Paper Smooches. I have loved Kim Huges' designs for many years, even back when she was with Cornish Heritage Farms stamps. She has such a fresh and unique style.

The current paper Smooches challenge is "Thank You". For this card I've used one of my older favorite sets and another that I reach for so very often - even mixing it with critter stamps from other companies - because the hats are so versatile and silly.


I used Distress Oxide Inks in three shades with a heart stencil for the background. I then cut out several stitched hearts and stacked them for dimension. The chick and hat are colored with Copics. The tiny heart is embellished with Glossy Accents. I rarely use pink in my cards and I haven't used stencils in a long time, so it was fun to stretch my style a bit.



The Paper Smooches products I used:
Chubby Chums stamps
Noggin Toppers stamps
Fun and Flirty sentiment stamps
Hearts dies

This card is going out to an amazing RN who has been working so very hard in a hospital during the past months.

Think about saying thanks to those have done so much to keep us all cared for. Thanks for the visit and stay well,


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...