Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Maureen does Mixed Media

Hi, Bloggin' Buddies!

I have been doing lots of work lately with  pigment powders. I've been comparing and contrasting the different brands, trying lots of techniques, using different applications, different papers, etc. It has been fun. I've learned so much and gotten so messy! I'm actually preparing for a demonstration I'll be doing at my Paper Arts group.

The most difficult thing for me using this medium is the lack of control. I am a real "control freak" and these powders just explode, mix and delight all on their own!

For this card I used a combination of Color Burst and Cosmic Shimmer Shakes in a wet-on-dry technique on watercolor paper. Sometimes the backgrounds become so busy and bright that it is difficult to pair them with images and sentiments. This is one of those.

I used Concord & 9th products here. I love this "Friend Like You" die because can be used in so many different ways. That just wasn't enough on this colorful background; I felt I needed some images to ground my design. I stamped and die cut some of the smaller images from the "Wonderful Florals" set, also by Concord & 9th, using Delicata silver ink. I added silver Wink Of Stella and Glossy Accents to the word "friends" to help it pop.

This is headed for the current challenge at the Where Creativity Meets C9 Blog which is "Mixed Media".

I hope you will challenge yourself with some new techniques and products - it is so rewarding. Thanks for the visit and have a terrific week,

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...