Friday, July 6, 2018

I Scream!

Hi, Blogging Buddies!

Summer has seriously hit here and I can't stop thinking about the current challenge at "A Blog Named Hero". Now, I've been making cards since the late 1960's (no, I'm really not too old - I was in high school then!). I actually used office stamps ("fragile" "post-dated", etc.) to create fun backgrounds and a few rubber stamps from some small "underground" companies that I hunted in the San Francisco Bay Area.

But it wasn't until Hero Arts came about (in 1974) that I really understood quality stamps and what all that could be done. I loved that it was a Bay Area company and their designers were top-notch. I became an advocate, and I still am. While I typically cycle through my stamp sets from year to year, there are some older Hero Arts wood stamps and sets with which I will NEVER part.

This is one of them - it's not that old - from 2011. But, who couldn't love the theme (ice cream) and that adorable smile and cute hat????? I bet I've used it 100 times! I've taught classes  and crafted with kids using it, too. It gives a smile to everybody! This is called "Life of the Party" - perfect, eh?

I stamped it, heat embossed the cone, used some festive paper and added some vintage elements - the crepe paper was found at an estate sale (it is actually a bit yellowed) and the rick-rack was among some of my Mom's old sewing stuff. I added the sweet rose cheeks and some rhinestones and it is a party in itself!

So, yes, this is headed to the "A Blog Named Hero" challenge, which is "Summertime Fun". I hope you have lots of fun (and some ice cream, too!)

Thanks for the sweet visit,






LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...