Monday, July 31, 2017

You Old Goat

Hello, Bloggin' Buddies!

Yes, it is very hot here, so I am allowing myself to spend more time in the studio. Such a shame.....

As I have said before, when I first saw the Tim Holtz Hipster (Stampers Anonymous and Sizzix) series, I was taken aback and honestly slightly disgusted. But, they seriously grew on me and now they are my special pals. Their personalities are so unique and silly! And, depending on how they are used, they can be so versatile -- and so terribly HIP!

One of my favorites is this goat (although my first love was the Ostrich, here). Originally I had made a wonderful background for him with layers of Distress Oxide Inks, but when he was complete he looked so much more outstanding against this rich solid color. I embossed the background with LifeStyle Crafts' "Retro Squares" embossing folder and added a couple of strips of the Distress Oxide background to the front of the card.

Mr. Goat is stamped with Versafine Sepia ink and is watercolored with Distress Ink markers. HIs glasses and tie were done with Versafine Black and Glossy Accents were added to his glasses.

I made a little boutonnière with Memory Box "Adorable Posies" dies using Distress Cardstock. The sentiment is from the Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous "Crazy Talk" set.

For the inside I used a perfect phrase from Simon Says Stamp's "Happy Birthday Farm Animals" set.

Hot fun in the Summertime! Thanks for the visit and stay cool and hip,

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...