Sunday, August 13, 2017

Don't go, summertime!

Hi, Bloggin' Buddies!

Although this summer has been incredibly hot, I sure don't like seeing it getting ready to say "good-bye".  The days are already getting shorter and my happy summertime mode is being threatened. My hubby loves fall, but I always dread it, so there you go!

For some reason my card making summer has been influenced heavily by the amazing Tim Holtz. I've always appreciated Tim's products and designs, but for whatever reason, I've been immersed this summer. It seems I'm always reaching for his "Crazy Birds", his hilarious "Hipsters", the amazing new Distress Oxide Inks, and I even have a new interest in his alcohol inks. My Pinterest boards are full of Tim-related products and ideas!

Today I have a card featuring a Crazy Bird. I have a friend who is into altered art and volunteers with a local charter school, teaching art. She is amazing! I wanted to show my support and wish her a good school year, so I made this "Z-fold" card using Distress Inks, some matching flowers from my stash and a cute speech bubble stamp from Lawn Fawn's "Chit Chat" set. I used some Tim Holtz Ranger Distress Collection cardstock to coordinate with the ink colors.

I had actually never made a Z-fold card until I took a class from my friend Sandy earlier this summer. It adds a little interest, especially for an artsy card and an ever more artsy recipient.

Thanks for the visit, and continue to enjoy your summer while you may.......

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...