Thursday, July 27, 2017

Distress Oxydes

Hi, Blogging' Buddies!

I have a Paris-inspired card made with yet another Distress Oxide Ink background (hence the title of this post - I believe that would be how it is said in French - ha!). Layers and layers of color were added to watercolor paper and each was dried to create wonderful depth of colors. Love!

I have a wonderful new exercise class instructor who, besides being full of knowledge and positive attitudes, opens our classes with a little gem of wisdom and inspiration. Last week one of her opening snippets was about the Eiffel Tower, so I decided that I would make her an appropriate card to let her know how very much I already appreciate her.

I used my large Sizzix Bigz Eiffel Tower Die (an oldie!) and I embossed the entire die cut with some Hero Arts Platinum Embossing Powder. The background was stamped with a Tim Holtz/Stamper's Anonymous set called "French Market".

The stamp and die set I used for the sentiment is "Amazing" by My Favorite Things - such a fun and versatile set!

I added some crochet yarn and a charm from my stash and it is ready to go. Since I am such a Francophile, I have lots of products that I have saved over the years that, although they are rarely used, I can't seem to let go of.

Thanks for the visit - Au Revoir, mes copains!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...