Sunday, December 30, 2012

Stamps and Stamps!

Happy Sunday, everyone!

There is a wonderful lady where I volunteer who always thinks of me when she sees something that might be used in a crafty way. One day she had a bag of canceled postage stamps. I've always had a fascination for postage stamps. Not just the graphics, but that they have traveled so many places.

I made a set of cards as a little thank you gift. I used one of the cling stamps from Hero Arts' "Just Because" set (AC012) and the coordinating die, "Edge Frame" (D1005). I stamped it onto water color paper and used watercolor pencils to color it. After adhering the postage stamps to the background, I embossed it with my Cuttlebug "Decroative Tile" folder (it looks like lattice).

For cards that I am giving as gifts, I like to keep them flat so that there are no issues with padding or extra postage. The watercolor paper adds sufficient dimension and I added a small paper flower and Stickles to each card.

I am entering this in Ellen Hutson's cling stamp Take 'N Make Challenge to celebrate the 2013 Hero Arts Release. You have until January 1st to join in for wood, cling, or clear stamping projects.

Thanks for stopping in and have a glorious Sunday!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...