Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Holiday Card Workshop - Day 6

Yesterday in class we learned so many wonderful tips! The super-amazing Shari Carroll demonstrated a "Stained Glass" technique. She used a stamp that I don't have and it wasn't available locally, so I improvised with this great tree from the Hero Arts "Swirl Christmas" set (CL469).

Oh my, but I do love the result! I wish it photographed better, as much of its magical shimmer is lost in the photo. You will have to take my word for it - dynamite!

I used Distress Pens with Perfect Pearls for the tree, the sentiment is Hero Arts 354, the background is CG211 in Hero Arts Soft Lilac Shadow Ink (which is very subtle) and I also used a Cuttlebug Embossing Folder and Spellbinders Labels 17.

This month's Hero Arts Contest is "Bring on the Bling", so I will enter it there. I wish you all were taking this wonderful class - I have learned such great things!

Have a wonderful day! My heart continues to be with those suffering the wrath of Sandy.




LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...