Thursday, April 12, 2012

C'est Francais!

My friend needed a Parisian-themed card for her grand-daughter's big 21st birthday. Did she go to Hallmark? No! She came to watermarks!

You all know how I love everything French and I love to make my special "Eiffel Tower" cards (they are actually called Tee-Pee cards - see video here, but whatever). Remember this one? They are so cool because they easily fold flat for mailing and stand up with no effort and a dot of Velcro.

And, what could be more perfect for the current contest at the Hero Arts blog to make a shaped card?!  I used Hero's CL325 and some paper from Graphic 45 and a vintage postcard. Of course there are some fleur-de-lis and lots of bling. There is space for a personal greeting under one of the flaps, too. I have photographed all three sides.

This was such fun - and I even made her a matching set of thank you notes. I like to encourage the younger generation to employ the social graces.......ha!

Adieu, mes amies! I will see you next week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...