Friday, March 2, 2012

Home Sweet Home

As Many of you know, Cath over at Moxie Fab World hosts a fun challenge called the "Tuesday Trigger". I wasn't going to play along this time, but the other day I was re-organizing my craft supplies (sometimes I think I spend more time doing that than using them!) and I found this adorable chipboard house (Thickers by American Crafts). So, I put a halt to my organizing and started crafting.

The trigger this time is this "Home Sweet Home" photo of a quilted knob-hanger.Too darn cute, eh?

I made my own little knob-hanger. Many of my cabinet knobs, lamp switches and other handy appendages have something cute & homemade hanging from them.....gives the place a special look, don't ya think? Drives my husband crazy, as they come flying off at the most inopportune times. Never a dull moment around here!

Back to my project. I started with a Sizzix heart die cut (yep, another cereal box!) which I filled in with quilt-like paper pieces (K&Company). I stamped it with Hero Arts Designer Woodgrain (S5208) and used Distress Inks. I added vintage lace, rick-rack and a piece of tape measure from my garage sales stash, a little heart button and some pearls (to represent the dots on the Trigger). I completed the look with a small banner (Mini Market Cream and Red Letters, October Afternoon).

You have until Sunday to join in, so please check it out! Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for dropping by my sweet home.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...