Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Raising Cane!

Hi, my pals! Here is a bright and festive jar that I put together for the desk of a sweet lady I frequently visit in a local insurance office (I also made one for my allergist's office). I actually found a couple of these nice jars with tight-fitting lids at a thrift shop. I love the handles on the lids and the jar shape.

First I spray painted the lids gold. Then I used two of my newest Hero Arts stamps (CG196 and CG119) with embossing powder and Distress Inks to create the patterns and distress the edges. The text was printed on my computer. The label and tag shapes were cut with Nestibilities dies in my Cuttlebug.

The jar and the tag are embellished with some vintage buttons from my stash, some cute red and white baker's twine and some thin red and white ribbon from Michael's.

Here is a better look at the tag. It is all ready for my greeting.

Quite festive, don't ya think?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...