Monday, December 10, 2018

A Pinterest Inspired Tag

Hi, Bloggin' Buddies:

I continue to be challenged by Ellen Hutson and her "12 Days of Christmas Tags with a Feminine Touch". I have to say that so far this is my very favorite of the group. It is inspired by Day 2 (I'm not going in order!) and the amazing card by Carrsia Wiley (she makes wonderful videos and is such a happy crafter!). Her work was inspired by a post on Pinterest:

All I could think about were some of my all-time favorite products designed for Ellen by one of my favorite gals in the card-making world, Julie Ebersole. Not only is she super-talented, she is a fantastic instructor and has the most contagious giggle ("ask me how I know"!). I have learned so much from her over the years and simply adore her.

Anyway, the products I used are her "Cozy Christmas" set, "Home and Hearth" set and "Laurel Wreath" die (I used this same die here on a "12 Tags" event in 2014! It has an entirely different look and feel.).

I cut three layers of the wreath for dimension, cut the heart from a beautiful gold cardstock, used kraft and black cardstock, heat-embossed the sentiment, added washi tape (something that Julie has helped me to feel more comfortable using) and I added a bow made with Tim Holtz's linen ribbon.

Thanks again, Ellen, and thanks to you for the kind visit,

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...