Monday, March 7, 2016

Watercoloring the Ai Way!

Hi, Bloggin' Buddies!

I recently took a class at my LSS, and I have been watching the great videos on the Art Impressions (Ai) website (look in the "Get Inspired" section for the YouTube videos), about using some Ai stamps with markers for a delightful watercolor look. Check it out and you will be amazed.

For this card I used the Ai "Flowering Mailbox" stamp and some of the foliage stamps, Distress Markers along with a paintbrush and water. The color from the stamped image is "pulled" into the image and the stamped lines are softened with a wet brush. Such fun!

The sentiment is from "Sentiments and Quotes" from Altenew. Several embellishments/die cuts are from my stash.

I know this technique takes some practice and I hope to spend more time with it, but for now I'm happy to have an alternative to traditional watercoloring.

This is going into the current Ai Challenge, "House and Home". There is plenty of time for you to play along.

Have a great week and thanks for the visit!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...