Sunday, March 13, 2016

More Inspirational Fun with Julie!

Happy Sunday, Bloggin' Buddies!

I am still on a creative high after spending a day learning great things (& being entertained) by the super-amazing Julie Ebersole. She is a designer for Essentials by Ellen and her blog is Paper Trufflez, just in case you've been living under a rock. I have been a fan for so many years!

Twice a year she comes to an adorable store called The Paper Garden Boutique in Sacramento to teach classes. This is my second year - I KNEW there was a reason we moved here!

Yesterday's classes were beyond fantastic! In the morning we made 10 - count 'em, ten! - fun one-layer cards. That is what I need, as I get so tired of adding extra postage to all my thick creations.

In the afternoon we made 6 more cards. These had some more intricate techniques, some involving foil, the Fuse Tool, watercolor, etc.

I have provided photos of all but 2 of the cards. I had trouble finding some natural light this afternoon - it is a dark and rainy day here in California.

I love every single card! My hubby always laughs at me because as soon as I get home I have to head to my craft room and finish, correct mistakes, and add my own personal touches to all the cards I've made. It was a long day.

These three are my favorite ones, even though I don't consider myself a real "flower" person. Aren't they delicious and they are so "Julie". The one on the right includes a flower cut from black fun foam!

Anyway, I'm still flying high. What a spectacular day. I learned some things, met some nice ladies, had fun with my card-making friend Mary, had fun shopping in Steph's wonderful store (if you are in northern CA, visit!) and I feel so enriched by Julie's talents.

Thanks for the visit and have a great week!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...