Thursday, March 10, 2016

Throw Back Thursday

Hello, Bloggin' Buddies:

Isn't amazing how trends come and go in cardmaking? There were brass stencils, buttons, chalkboard techniques, old-style glitters and so many more - now long gone.

Then there are some that left and returned, like shaker cards. Maybe I should have saved those old supplies (and my "granny" glasses from the 1960's)!

Recently I was going through all of my supplies - a true Spring Clean - preparing for the annual "Used Stamp Sale" at my LSS.

I uncovered a forgotten faux letterpress embossing folder.
I couldn't help myself, I had to give it one last shot.

I love the rich look and texture. Keeping with the vintage look, I added a silver button and a sweet retired Hero Arts sentiment.

Remind me - why did this technique get lost in the past? I love it!

Guess I'll go hop in my "flower power" mini-van and head to the park for some groovy fun from the past.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...