Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Hanky Panky! It's a card - It's a package!

My Aunt Barbara loves vintage hankies - she uses them and always has one in her purse or pocket. I found a special one for her, monogrammed with a "B"!, and saved it for several months for her birthday.

I learned this nifty envelope technique from my card-making master & friend, Bibiana. It is a tricky little number! I know that I could never teach or demo it. You score, fold, fidget and fight, fold some more and then it sort of magically happens. Cool, eh? It is a perfect way to present an adorable handkerchief.

The envelope starts as a 12" x 12" piece of paper that is scored and folded. I used a MS Around the Page Wildflowers punch and I found this amazing ribbon at a little local gift shop (I love to support local merchants).

The label is Spellbinders "Labels Ten" and the stamps are all Hero Arts. The background is faintly stamped with CG300, Life of the Party. The cupcake is F5495 - I love to paper piece that image! The sentiment is an SRM sticker (thanks, Virginia!).

Making this was such fun, but sharing the day with our dear Aunt was the very best! Happy Birthday Aunt Barbara - we sure love you!

I am entering this in Cath's "The Punches Challenge" over at the amazing Moxie Fab World. Come and play - you have until February 13th.

Have a GREAT day (it is icy cold here this morning) - thanks for peeking here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...