Thursday, January 6, 2011

Ruling the Roost

For this card I used some supplies which were given to me by a dear pal. She loves to keep me challenged and knows I love a French country look. The base of the card is a dotted clear transparency in a slight shade of green. Eeeek! When transparencies are used, you must layer a piece of cardstock on the back of each piece so that the adhesives are hidden.  Are you following?

I used this cute rooster stamp and a Hero Arts background stamp (S1832) for the front image. I distressed the edges and adhered it to the front of the transparent card. On the inside (left side) I adhered a piece of cardstock the exact same size over the back of this piece to cover the adhesive. Then, on the inside (right side) of the card I adhered another piece the exact same size and in the same location on the page for the sentiment, and on the back of the card I adhered a final piece of the same size to cover the adhesive of the sentiment piece. Wow, I'm getting dizzy.

A few final embellishments to jazz it up. A different look and worth the extra complications. Thanks, Antoinette for the fun supplies.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...