Thursday, January 20, 2011

Large Blossom


Large Blossom
Originally uploaded by mkmermaid (Maureen)
I think that this is probably my most favorite of all the cards I have recently made. The new Hero Arts Large Blossom stamp (CG271) was used, heat embossed in white on white paper. Then I added layers of Distress Inks using dauber. The excess can be wiped right off of the embossed area, so you don't have to stay within the lines!

Finally, I misted it all with a mixture of Perfect Pearls and water to give it a special shimmer. Love it. I matted it with Hero Hues cardstock and added a greeting from another Hero Arts set (CL371).

I really didn't want to give this one away, but it went to my most appreciative recipient, my Aunt Barbara. Happy Birthday, dear one. And, special thanks to Carina and Julie for the inspiration.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...