Thursday, January 27, 2011

Artsy

This is an older card that I found the other day. My style has certainly changed (and my techniques have improved). I do love this stamp - American Goddess by Paul Best for American Art Stamps. It is such fun to color! And it looks so different every time I use it because there are so many ways to color it.

For coloring this card I used a technique I don't often use much anymore. I used colored pencils (a brand that has a high wax content, such as Prisma, works best) and Gamsol. Gamsol is 100% pure orderless mineral spirits. I colored a small area and then blended it with a paper blender pencil which was dipped in Gamsol. This technique takes some time, but the blending is wonderful.


The background texture is done with an embossing folder in the Cuttlebug and the sentiment is Stampin' Up, but I will probably redo it before sending this card. 

It is funny to look at my older productions - they look so dated to me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...