Monday, April 11, 2016

Smooching

Hello, Bogging Buddies!

Last week I did a demonstration of the Smooching Technique (with appropriate homage to the amazing Laura Bassen!) for a card-making group of which I am a member. It all went well and everyone seem to enjoy it.


I made the background of this card as one of the samples for the demonstration. I used Perfect Pearls as a final spray to give it a pearlized effect and to blend the colors. When it was dry I also sprinkled it with some water droplets and blotted them to remove some of the ink.

The design of this card (including the slanted cut and the black fun foam die-cuts) was inspired by a card I did in a recent class I took taught by the ever-inspiring Julie Ebersole. That is one of her floral dies ("Wild Garden") from the Essentials by Ellen line. The cute script is a Wise Die from Paper Smooches called "Thanks Word". The fun foam cuts like butter and adds great dimension.

I just can't seem to get enough of this technique, in all its variations. I usually prep for 4 or 5 card bases when I want to do this technique. The backgrounds can be used in so many different ways and styles.

I hope you will give it a try, and if you've already done it - well, try it again with a new twist.

Thanks for the visit - have a happy and creative week!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...