Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Show it Off!

Hi, bloggin' Buddies!

I love Art Impressions stamps! If you are also crazy about the gals and guys they have, you MUST watch the great videos (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMO-KODUbW4 and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIhQllryQSc) done by Bonnie Krebs for coloring their characters. I have been studying them for days.

I have always used Copics to color Ai characters, but Bonnie shows us how to use inexpensive water-based markers as a water color medium - with so many tricks to keep the images animated and the process simple. I am honestly amazed!

I decided to try these methods with a new stamp set that is available at Michaels, Spare Me SC0680. My friends and I have a long-standing joke about bowling, so this set is perfect.

Now, this is only my first try, so I have lots more practicing to do, but I love the results and the process was pretty quick and lots of fun.

I kept the card design simple so as not to detract from the fun image. I just used some bowling-themed patterned paper from my stash, some great glitter paper and some twine. And that is our fun vintage bowling pin ashtray in the background.

The current challenge on the Ai blog is to "Show off your Stamp" by including it in your photo, so I've done that. 

I urge you to watch the videos and give it a try - I bet you'll be as blown away as I am. I can't wait to try it on some of their larger images.

Thanks for the visit,

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...