Thursday, August 29, 2013

Thanks to my Manicurist

These are my finger nails! I figure that I was the consummate professional for 35 years, so now this old lady can go wild and be crazy.

When I told my manicurist that I wanted dots on the red nails, I thought that she would have to get out a fine brush to apply them. No! She used a stylus (like we used to use with those brass stencils before there were embossing folders - remember?). She dipped it into the polish and quickly and expertly applied the dots.

Thanks, Joanne! Why not try that on my cards? So I did, and I love the look, with a little texture. Easy, too.

I made this card for two challenges. The first is Paper Smooches SPARKS Picture Perfect challenge using this photo for inspiration.

My background is stamped with Distress Ink onto wet watercolor paper and is reminiscent of the background on the wall in the photo. I also used the great colors and the frame element from the photo. The "thanks" is embossed to make it pop a little.

I am also submitting this to the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes!

This was such fun -  I plan to use this technique again and again.

Thanks for the visit and have a great weekend!
Paper Smooches stamps - Simply Said, Slang Gang, Geo-Graphic, Little Fella; Teresa Collins "He Said She Said" enamel dots, Copic pens, Viva Pearl Pen

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...