Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A Ribbit-ing Birthday - in under the wire!

I've had so much on my mind lately and this sketch from Cath over at Moxie Fab World is one of them. She has been providing some neat sketches to spur our imaginations. This one stuck for me! I had never done a circle card and now is the time!

That, coupled with the great video and Simon Says Stamp challenge for embossed resist over at Lilly Pad cards, and the Critter contest on the Hero Arts blog (for which today is the last day!), my little brain has been busy.

One of my dear cousins loves frogs. And, who wouldn't? So, every year for her birthday I break out the cute Hero Arts Flower Frog stamp, F5294.

This year I stamped it 3 times so I could layer the torso and the head, colored her with Copic pens and added some Glaze Pen and Stickles. And, of course, Googly Eyes! No matter how I try, I just can't seem to get Copic-colored images to photograph true. It isn't fair - I work so hard at blending, it looks great and it photographs so blotchy. Darn!

I cut the scalloped circle with Nestibilities. Then I tried something a little different. I cut a circle with my circle cutter and cut it into fourths. On two of the pieces I clear embossed with Hero Arts CG330, Flower Dots (my new fav - so '60's looking!) and the other two pieces I did with Hero Arts CG149, Circle Pattern. I inked the pieces up and applied them - can you even see them?

Anyway, I added Ms Flower Froggy, some sweet leaves and a sentiment (Hero Arts CL137) banner (as per Jennifer McGuire's great instructions). What a combination! She is seriously lots brighter and more cheery in person.

Happy birthday, cousin Joyce!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...