Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Inspired by Lin!

I have "gotten to know" the most wonderful crafter over the Hero Arts flickr group. Her name is Lin, aka quilterlin. Her cards are simply stunning! Here is the link to her lovely photo stream. And here is her beautiful blog. And not only is she super-talented, but she is so very knid. She is always giving us lots of words of encouragement and inspiration. Thanks so very much, Lin!

At one of my favorite hangouts, Lily Pad Cards, there is a challenge to make a card inspired by anything that we have seen this month on the website. I was so inspired by this card made by Lin. Isn't it the best? Lin is in a whole different league, but is so very inspiring. What is it that caught my eye with this adorable card? First of all, the vintage image - love it! And the stitching, the patterns, the scallops, the double bow in the seam binding, the cute button......WOW! So many rich details. So, I got busy.......
 My card is much more muted and funky. I had this great vintage photo - doesn't she look so proud of her outfit? I bet she was sewing for days! I know there is a real story here.

The photo is a garage sale find. I teamed it up with some great papers from October Afternoon's 5 & Dime Collection, which is just packed with vintage charm. I added some stitching with my new We R Memory Keepers "Sew Easy" tool. It reminds me of the sewing cards that I had as a child. I haven't had good luck with stitching cards on a machine - I have broken two sewing machines already and I will not try it with my good old trusty Singer.

The ribbon and vintage button - it even still has a piece of old fabric attached to it - are from my stash. I cut the card shape in my Cuttlebug with "Labels 8" from Nestibilities. I just learned about doing this and l like it for a change.

Thanks to Lin for the sweet inspiration, thanks to Lily Pad Cards for motivating me and thanks to you for looking!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...