Thursday, May 19, 2011

Dolphin Pod

I have a dear friend who just loves dolphins. Actually, I do, too. I had the opportunity many, many years ago to swim with a pod of wild dolphins in a huge bay on the Big Island of Hawaii. I was with a small group of women under the leadership of a woman named Joan Ocean (seriously!). It was a truly magical and life-changing experience.

Back to the cards! I wanted to make my friend a little pack of 4 thank you cards. Can you believe that I found these older (1995) Hero Arts stamps (C992, E995) at a garage sale for 50 cents each? So perfect and so green (recycled). The sentiment is from Hero Arts set CL371.

I colored the dolphin with colored pencils, white embossed the star fish and went to town (or, under the sea!). I added the cork slices for an extra touch of marine (or, Maureen?).

I purchased these great clear card boxes from BellisMarket on Etsy. They are really high-quality and very reasonably priced. Love them! They hold four A2 cards (if they are not too heavily embellished) and envelopes. Check them out! It makes a really nice presentation, don't you think?

I hope your weekend goes just swimmingly! Thanks for looking.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...