Thursday, August 19, 2010

Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger



Okay, here is the deal. I have been lurking around Moxie Fab World for over a year (do check it out!). Loved it, but I stayed in the shadows. What fun is that? So now that I have a blog I decided to jump in! What a perfect time, too. When I saw this Tuesday Trigger it screamed to me! All I could think about was my favorite CuttleBug embossing folder and the packets of amazing handmade that my dear Aunt had just given me for my birthday!

This is the card that I made for my Aunt based the jewel box inspiration. To create the raised design (like on the jewel box) I used my embossing folder on a piece of aluminum foil and antiqued it with Ranger Alcohol Inks. The rich designs of the handmade paper I used reflect those on the box, the tiny corner brads reflect the knobs on the box and the rhinestone brads are representative of the jewelry. Sentiment is Hero Arts CL148.

Thanks, Cath. – this exotic design is way out of my comfort zone, but who says you can’t teach an old mermaid new tricks?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...