Monday, August 30, 2010

Me and the Miners - Well, not really


Just a quick story today. On Sundays I often go to the neighborhood middle school (we called them junior highs) to walk around the track. Yesterday the gate I usually enter was locked, so I walked down the street and entered through another gate. I walked my mile, singing along with the oldies on my iPod, did my stretching and was heading toward the gate to exit. Are you ready for this – the gate had been locked. With a huge chain and big padlock. Oh, yes! I was trapped in the schoolyard on a Sunday morning! Knowing there was no way I could scale the 6-foot high fence, I started to panic. How was I going to get to Michaels for craft supplies, what was I going to eat, how was I going to update my blog, how was I going to watch Mad Men?

Lucky for me my dear husband was just a call away. He arrived on a white stallion (okay, in a beige Toyota) and was able to release me. The details (and, no, they do not include bolt cutters and a hack saw) aren’t important, but he is my hero once again! Bless his heart.

The lesson? Stay home and eat pancakes on Sunday mornings.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...