Sunday, April 22, 2018

Glitter and Alcohol Do Mix!

HI, Bloggin' Buddies!

Well, I've been bitten by the alcohol ink bug! Once I started, I couldn't stop. Isn't it funny how what was old can be new again? I almost got rid of my alcohol inks because I didn't think I'd ever use them again.  Now I wish I'd saved my white "GO-Go" boots and and stirrup stretch pants from the 1960's!

I inked three pages of 5" x 7" Yupo paper and I managed to get 11 cards made from them! I'll be sharing some of rest of them soon.

Todays card was inspired by the current challenge, "All that Glitters!", at the Impression Obsession Blog. and the "Simon Says: Sparkle and Shine" Challenge on the Wednesday Challenge Blog.

I've said before what a big fan I am of Impression Obsession. I've been using their products since the late 1990's and, while their designs keep pace with current trends, there are so many that are timeless.

This card uses a piece of my alcohol inked paper and a glittery (sorry - after several attempts, I just wasn't able to capture all the glittery goodness in my photo) copper card stock from DCWV.  The die is the "Good Wishes Word Block" and is perfect for layering over fun backgrounds. I don't know the origin of the flower - I found it in my stash, probably stamped years ago at some crop. It is colored with Copics and dusted with Wink of Stella.

Please some and play along, and I urge you to. Challenges, especially sparkly ones, are good for the dull soul - ha!

Thanks for the visit and have a great week!


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...