Thursday, March 15, 2018

A Friend Like You

Hi, Bloggin' Buddies!

Another card this week in shades of purple? One of my favorite colors and I've been neglecting it lately.  Today's card is inspired by the current challenge at the Concord & 9th Challenge blog, "Where Creativity Meets C9".

The challenge is a sketch challenge, something I haven't done in some time. These always help me get out of my design rut!

I decided to keep the design simple and use a die that I've had, but never used.

The stripe element is a slice from a background I made using the "Triangle Turnabout Stamp Set". I love this set and continue to frequently reach for it (and, yes I have other 'Turnabout' sets, too!). I went kind of nuts with my Distress Oxide Inks, Perfect Pearls and metallic splatter and I love the results.

The diecut is from the "Friend Like You" die. I kept it simple and white because there is so much going on behind it. I raised it up with some dimensional tape and added some sequins. Not my normal style, but I really like it and that is why these challenges are so great.

Thanks for the visit!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...