Friday, March 22, 2013

Pattern Play - Day 3

Yep, I can't believe the cards and the blog posts I am cranking out this week. This class really has me stretching - and I love it! Today's card is inspired by a lesson and card done by Kristina Werner, one of the most amazing cardmakers ever.

We learned how to use bold paper in unique ways that seriously work. I LOVE this card! I made it for the current challenge at CASology, which is about songs. I don't often do this challenge because clean and simple styles are so difficult for me, but I am ALL about songs. I am always singing and dancing......

I had to laugh at the challenge page because it warned that they may be able to guess our "approximate age" by our music choice. Ha! You all know that I am a child of the 1950's and I came of age in the marvelous and crazy 1960's - and I'm proud of it. My music choices reflect it. I simply don't know any new tunes!

So, I made this card to reflect a sign of my times - Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In, sung  by the 5th Dimension! Love it - I've been singing it all day. Here it is.

I made the embellishment from the paper and the sentiment is from "Bring on the Sun" by Ali Edwards, Technique Tuesday.

Thanks for the visit - enjoy the day; the weekend is well on its way!





LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...